Biolan Eco 220 L - Domestic Hot Compost Bin
Price: £656 inc. VAT | €745 inc. VAT
The Biolan Eco 220 L hot composting bin is suitable for domestic loading. This compost bin is heavily insulated to enable composting right though the winter, even in Finland. It has a patented adjustable air intake system that allows the user to control the temperature of the compost within and also to draw air up through the compost pile.
Biolan Eco 220 Litre Compost Bin Summary
- Domestic compost bin, suitable for up to 1-6 people food waste
- 30 Kgs input/ week
- Accepts any biodegradable waste (including meat and pet waste)
- Pest and rodent resistant
- Insulated (5cm) to ensure thermophilic composting though 12 months
- Adjustable air inlet (5 settings) and outlet (2 settings) design
- Thermometer display
- Seep liquid is can either be contained, or discharged to ground
- Durable, made from a single mold
- Weight 30 kgs (empty), 150 kgs (full)
- Guarantee 5 years
- Download Biolan Composter Drawing
- Download Biolan Garden Composter 220 Manual
General tips on using the Biolan Eco domestic compost bin.
- If you use biodegradable bags, empty the compost and put a bag of compost separately.
- Always cover the waste with some compost bedding.About 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of the waste. If the waste is wet use more bedding.
- Small frequent amounts are better than a large amount once a week. Try to add waste to the compost bin several times a week. This is important especially in the cold season.
- Monitor the composter’s temperature and air supply for best results. When the compost temperature is much higher than the outside temperature, open the inlet air valve knob to the right (100 position) to allow more air in. If compost is cooling close off the air intake until temperature is stabilised.
|Base dims||54 x 54 cm|
|Cover dims||73 x 80 cm|
|Seep liquid outlet||16 mm|
|Weight of the cover||3.5 kg|
|The empty weight of the composter||30 kg|
|The full weight of the composter||100 – 150 kg|
|Working height||102 cm|
|Insulation material||CFC-free polyurethane|
|Cover||Auto Lock Open|
|Colour options||Green and Grey|
Composting Bin Site Selection
Place the Biolan 220 Eco compost bin in a place where waste can be easily added throughout the year. Ensure that the position is not going to be in standing water during periods of high rainfall. Place the compost bin on a flat piece of ground or tilted slightly backwards by lifting the front edge a bit.
Put about 20 liters of Biolan compost bedding on the floor of the compost bin. Turn the inlet air valve knob to the left. When starting to compost use the recommended amount of compost bedding each time you add new material. Over time you will be able to use less.